SC - Chivalry

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Sun May 17 09:13:10 PDT 1998

	I am New to this but on this subject I must just jump in with my opinion.
As An SCA "cook"  my chivalry is often far far more in evidense than that
of those I serve.
	I (read we) bust my backside to prepare and perform the utmost of our
craft.  I expect that my craft will wait for late headtable persons, I
expect to wait for long inconsiderate courts during my feast, I expect to
be expected to be considerate to the performer of some
song/music/poem/story/etc. by waiting until whatever they are doing is
finished.  Few ever consider that what I am doing is an example of an art
as fully important as any other effort to preform the craft of his heart.
I rarely verbally object to be put into second class to all other arts or
crafts, but sometimes it just bugs me to death to have to stop and put a
feast on hold while someone sings for a head table.  A song can wait a few
minutes until a remove is served.
	The feast should go on especially when a remove is time/heat sensitive.
Our autocrats and head tables need to be made aware that what we are doing
is as important as every thing else going on!

	sigh, stepping off my soap box and collapsing in a foxhole pulling the lid
over my head . . .
	Balldrich