SC - Re: SC Dry sites

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed May 27 16:54:02 PDT 1998

Aaargh!!! The things people put up with! For our feast this weekend we
have the priest buying grog. (He started out looking at too much beer,
which relatively few people drink, and no cider, which is a common drink,
but his hearrt is in the right place - nowhere near our livers ;)

And this feast is to be held inside the church itself (admittedly it has
been temporarily de-commissioned for renovations, but nothing has been
touched yet...)

Dry sites are the sort of thing we fight against when doing displays for
schools and such. On the grounds that they are totally un-medieval,
naturally. Is it really common to have to hold events for yourselves on
dry sites?

(We don't drink and fight - it's forbidden, but the two features that are
pretty much required of a site are that we don't have to clean up until
the next day and that we can light fires. I only once asked if a site was
dry, and the people laughed at me. They were girl guides, and they had
such a *sweetest accent*nice, neat, tidy campsite that I wondered for a
moment.)

Charles Ragnar