SC - wanted: autocrat marinade, somewhat OT

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Thu May 28 13:15:31 PDT 1998

In regards to the marinade for roasting autocrats on a spit:

This is quite a handy recipe to have! There have been several times in
the past when this would have been a highly preferred alternative to the
non-period feasts I was "encouraged" to prepare by dim-witted or
nonsensical autocrats who have no understanding of medieval cookery but
insisted I do things "their" way. The most recent case was when I was
"asked" to make the autocrat's mother's recipe for home-made Empanadas,
to be served with a non-alcoholic Sangria made from cranberry juice. And
for a Kingdom-level event, to boot! When I politely refused on the
grounds that I only prepare food from period sources, I was treated with
extreme rudeness & inconsideration by the autocrat for the rest of the
period of the event. I'll most certainly never work with her again,
which is her loss, not mine.

Up to now, my only recourse was to proudly wear a large button which
said "Not the Autocrat!" Now that I know how to spit-roast tyrannical
autocrats, I think I'll have much more fun at events, and I'll save the
pin-button for pushing into little mojo dolls of autocrats I've known &
loved!

:):) Master Huen :):)
- --
                           jlmatterer at labyrinth.net