SC - Help thinking up a class......

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri May 1 23:32:03 PDT 1998

At 3:49 PM -0400 5/1/98, marilyn traber wrote:
>     How about a class on non cooler, non cook and  low preparation time
>foods for events, concentrating on modern substitutions for  medieval
>foods?

Why modern substitutions instead of medieval foods that meet those
conditions? There are lots.

>   I can suggest some of my  favorites-
>minestrone made from boxed beans-n-pasta  minestrone 'mix' made with
>canned chicken broth and sweet sopresata  sausage >snack trays of canned
>goodies like  pickles, olives[black and green], marinated artichoke
>hearts, candied apple  slices, pickled watermelon rind[ok, it's not
>period, but I like it phhtpP] and  the like. >Breads with mussleman's
>apple butter,  honey butter, garlic/herbed spreadable cheese, assorted
>jams and the  like.   margali

Several things in this list are not, so far as I know, period--but why do
you say that pickled watermelon rind is not period? I don't know of any
recipes for it, but then I haven't looked. Have you?

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/