SC - Online University

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 4 23:35:07 PDT 1998

Allison commented:

>>This was in part one of the reasons I started my Florilegium files.<<

>Stefan,

>I don't think we want to duplicate or replace your files.  Much too
>useful for that!  What I had in mind originally was something different
>from the shorter articles or newsgroup comments.  There may be a file for
>long papers, already.

The articles are scattered throughout the files in the various subject
areas. Some of them are, I think, too long for newsletter articles.

For instance:

In the FOOD section:
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97    "Cheese Making for the Compleat Novice" by
                                       Lady Aoife Finn.
Compleat-Cook-art (28K)  9/ 4/97    "The Compleat Cook" by Dame Alys Katharine.
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
Period-Pies-art   (33K)  9/29/97    "Raising a Coffin or the Fine Art of Making
                                       Period Pies." by Lady Aoife Finn.

And in some other sections:
Paleo-Scribes-art (25K)  9/ 5/97    "An Introduction to Palaeography for
                                       Scribes"
Berserkergang-art (50K) 10/14/96    Article on Norse Viking Berserkers.
Walking-Dead-art  (50K)  9/ 4/96    "The Walking Dead: Draugr and Aptrgangr in
                                       Old Norse literature".
Fire-Book-no-pics (23K)  1/12/96    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use. (with
                                       pictures removed for easy file transfer.)
storytelling2-art (27K)  1/ 9/96    Another storytelling article by Yaakov.
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del Cavallo.
                                       (medieval roses).
scrpt-develop-art (69K) 10/20/97    "Societal Influences on Script Development"
                                       by Mistress Aquilanne.
fealty-msg        (28K) 10/27/97    Fealty in SCA and period. Feudalism.
melee-tactics-art (36K)  1/ 9/98    "An Essay on Melee Tactics" by Duke Kein
                                       MacEwan.

And that's just a few I saw scanning through the list. At approximately 3K per
page, I suspect many of these are two long for newsletter articles.

Sorry if this is getting too far off the topics for this list.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net