SC - Seeking period recipes & sources...

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Tue May 5 07:39:43 PDT 1998

sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:

> I am playing with butters, and would like to know what the best
> reference there may be for that.

Don't know about best, nor of any specific instruction for making
butter, but Hugh Plat has instructions for flavoring butters with the
oils of sage, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace (and etc.) He says these are the
distilled oils from the herbs abd spices. I think these are what we
would call essential oils and would take a *very small* amount.
Ceridwen