SC - garlic in British Isles

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu May 7 22:13:46 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
Ras says:
> Mushrooms are used on their own. Not as an ingredient. In fact I am hard
> presssed to be able to find any period recipe where they are an
ingredient as
> opposed to a flavoring.

There are many mushroom recipes scattered throughout the corpus..Funges
(mushrooms stewed in broth with leeks and spices), mushroom pasties
(mushrooms and cheese and spice in pastry), and every later period cookbook
has numerous treatments for them, stewed with herbs, pickled, as a
garnish...

In fact, I can only think of examples of them as a primary ingredient.
or did I misunderstand you?
- --AM