SV: SV: SC - peach mead?

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Fri May 8 00:42:50 PDT 1998

OK, the sterilization thing was just a bad choice of word/slip of the
mind. 30 mins at 65-70/160-170 sounds a lot to me,
 but it's always best to play it safe.
Sadly enough I have a hard time getting hold of good quality honey to a
good price here in sweden, and if
I want a more aromatic one I'll have to go for an orange blossom or a
blended type which I tend to avoid,
mostly because of the price =(

As far as dry meads go, I tend to like many of them after a long
maturing period, but i also like salt and vinegar on my chips which all
of my friends but one absolutely refuse to eat, so made I have an odd
taste, what do I know ?  Otherwise it doesn't take too long to heat up a
little water, add some honey and sweeten it up a little. In your
original post you meantioned vanilla beans as well.
That's something i've never tried.  What size is the maturing in ? 1
year ?  How does the vanilla taste come out ?
As a primary taste or does it blend nicely with other herbs ?

I've searched everywhere for a reference as to when peaches came to use
in Scandinavia/northern Euorope but all I've found is
the old encyclopedia stuff ie latin name, time of harvest, general
description etc.  Hopefully someone out there will be able to enlighten
me.

Keep the pots boiling, whatever you have in them.
Brokk.

      Brokk,