SC - Mid 15th Century Mongolian food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 10 20:50:28 PDT 1998

Bogdan din Brasov asked:

Anyone know of any recipes, or collections that I haven't made it through
yet?  As my persona is from an area where the mongols, umm, redecorated a
few times, and I am trying to start cooking more in persona, I was
wondering if someone might have some places I could look for thoughts.  As
well, though even less of a chance, if anyone has a 15th century (or
thereabouts) Romanian cookbook (I don't care WHAT language) I could be
rather indebted.

I imagine you may have already seen it, but just in case you haven't,
there is this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

fd-Mongol-msg     (22K)  1/21/98    Food of the Mongols. Recipes.

There is also this file in the CULTURES section that has some useful
Mongol information sources:

Mongols-msg       (45K)  2/26/97    Mongol culture, bibliography. Mongol horses.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net