SC - Green peppers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 10 23:00:26 PDT 1998

Louis Stull said:
>I have friends who are alergic to bell pepper (which probably isn't period anyway)
>and eating out is a serious challenge. (Something about fahitas making one stop
>breathing)

That is correct, green peppers are not period. In an earlier discussion here when
I mentioned a friend's similar allergy this was mentioned and later there was a
thread on the periodness of green peppers. Any who are interested can find the
comments in this file in my Florilegium:

peppers-msg       (16K)  4/ 6/98    The introduction of peppers to Europe.

Before the discussions it had not occurred to me that bell peppers and jalopenos
were related.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net