SC - Stone Soup Contest

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 13 09:09:06 PDT 1998

> Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 06:51:03 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nick Sasso <grizly_nick at rocketmail.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - Stone Soup Contest
>
> At the risk of impoting modernism......There is a show on the Food
> Network that does just this sort of thing as a game show.  I believe
> it is entitled, "Ready, Set, Cook...".  It's host is really annoying,
> but the chefs are real good.  Emeril Legasse has yet to go on it,
> though :o)
>
> niccolo
> (I know, I know...I don't get Food Network either!!)

Interestingly enough, I'm fairly sure the idea for the Siege Cookery
contest held in the Middle Kingdom was based on an idea first put forth
right here on this list. IIRC, Baron Tibor of Rock Valley made up the
first of our ingredients lists, followed by lists from Lady Aoife Finn
and myself.

For all I know, the idea may have been gleaned from the Food Network
program you mention, but I also know most cooking schools give a
"Shopping Basket Test" as a practical exam before graduation, and lots
of fun they are, too.

Hmmm. I feel another Redaction Challenge coming on...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com