SC - Peacock

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed May 13 22:59:49 PDT 1998

Guy asked where to get them.

We were going to do the peacock cooked and put back in its skin for
conference next easter, but people said I would die if I ate the cooked
meat that had been inside the raw skin (hence the cockentrice - a
replacement option) and we felt (this is run by a committee) there was not
much point killing a peacock to look at.

We had organised somebody who keeps peacocks to treat a fw extra nice -
good food, easy life, etc. Then you get them to come have a chat, and
have a nasty accident with a large pair of shears or a bone which twist
the wrong way in their neck...

Charles Ragnar