SC - Internet traffic and the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 14 23:05:12 PDT 1998

On Sat, 9 May 1998, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:
> partially organized and archived sca-cooks files.  Or go on-lin in heavy
> traffic times, searching the Florilegium.
> Regards,
> Lady Allison

And Bogdan then commented:
>But that's half the fun.  It increases the joy of finding things when you
>have to wait five minutes for the next screen to scroll into view.  The
>anticipation makes the result so much sweeter. :-)

I can't eliminate the Internet traffic, however I have made some
improvements in the files which might cut down on supurious searching.

In the IMPORTANT STUFF section of my Florilegium files is a file called
filelist-list. This is my complete filelist at the time of the last
file upload to the website.

If you download this file in either text or RTF format, you can then
save it for offline browsing. If you scan this file and mark the ones
you want, the next time you go online you can go directly to the
section(s) that has those files and download or look at them.

RTF format has the original formatting and can be read by a number
of different word processors. While you can read this file the normal
way in HTML using your web browser, we are still having some problems
with our format converters for this file and the formatting is
screwy in places. But the RTF and text formats have no problems.

If you download the filelist-list file you can also show this to
your friends who don't have email or web access. They can then mark
on it the files they would like and you can download the files for
them.

Hope this is useful.

Stefan li Rous
   stefan at texas.net