SC - Pickled things

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Wed May 20 07:20:12 PDT 1998

Suzanne Berry at PRIMAVERA
05/20/98 09:20 AM
we recently served a cold food buffet at 12th night. Everything was
period. And not a turkey to be seen! :) Some of it was pre-prep, but a
 lot of it
was storebought as is. woo hoo!
The menu:
cold sliced roast beef
dijon style mustard
horseradish sauce
bread rolls
sliced cheese
[we have no documentation for sandwhiches, but if people just happened
to take said foodstuffs and combine them in the same handful, who am I
to stop them?)
pickled asparagus
pickled mushrooms
pickled carrots
pickled cukes
pickled eggs
   Anne-Marie, would you be willing to share your recipes for the
   pickled things you mention?  I've been fascinated by pickling
   lately, experimenting with "the Lord's Salt" and other recipes....
   looking towards Pennsic and what I can take without
   refrigeration....

   - Aislinn