SC - whats an inn? was wanted: a marinade for spit roasting an autocrat

Lady Elisabeth Erinn MacCabe erin at fiac.net
Tue May 26 17:28:52 PDT 1998

`<snip>
>Thinking about it tho', I've got a completely different question to pose:
>How do all of you deal with dry sites and recipes containing alcohol?
>Beatrix
>(jotting down autocrat marinades)
><snip>

As many of the private, and  all of the state parks in our area (Georgia)
are "dry", I have called the site office and talked the matter over with
the official park representative. I explained:1. who we are, 2. what we do,
3. what the recipe is (white wine in the chicken marinade...etc.),and 4.
explained how alcohol "burns" off when you cook it. Then I simply asked for
permission to use this recipe. If the answer is "yes", then I follow up
with a thank-you letter telling the official how much his/her special
treatment is appreciated. So far...knock wood...I have never been refused.
If the alcohol is not cooked in the recipe...I don't serve it. To many
under 21's eat feast.

Hope this helps :)

Lady Erinn