SC - blue laws

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu May 28 18:51:13 PDT 1998

> Nowadays, it means that liqueur and beer aren't sold from 11 PM Saturday
>night[other than at bars that is] and nothing at all Sunday. In the grocery
stores >they close off the beer coolers and beer sections so you can't get to
them.

They do that down here in SC too, unless the county makes sufficent money in
tourist dollars... Now the State House is trying frantacally to change that,
as the Upstate is getting those tourist dollars too (The coast has
traditionally benifited from tourism, the upstate only recently). The only
thing I object to is being second class to a tourist.

As to sites.. Strangely enough, they like us. We leave sites in better
conditions then we find them, so even though all state parks are technically
dry, they pretty much ignore anything they might see in the trash. AND we pack
out our stuff of course.

Corwyn.