Alcohol bafflement [was SC - whats an inn?]

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri May 29 10:55:19 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 29-May-98 Alcohol bafflement
[was SC .. by Micaylah at freenet.carleto
> Not that alcohol is EXTREMELY important for me but its been years since I've
> been to a dry event. I can't really fathom the theory behind the present day
> reasoning of this? I would think that the powers that be that created these
> laws prohibiting sale, consumption, etc would see that they would just be
> promoting other illegal ways of obtaining alcohol. We are, after all, a
> small AND resourceful world now!

When I asked one site why the "no alcohol" policy, they answered that
the insurance was too expensive for them to carry it.  This is very
common in Western PA, where probably 2/3 of our events are at dry sites.

toodles, margaret