SC - Re: Seeking Period Recipes & Sources

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 3 04:57:14 PDT 1998

"Twas written that (name slipped my mind) is looking for:

>A Honey Pine Nut candy
>Marchpane (is it other than marzipan?)

Would anyone have saved the pine nut candy recipe that I posted a few
months ago from Nostradamus?  That's the only one I can recall having
seen recently that specifically calls for pine nuts.  And, I also
posted something on marzipan/marchpane.  Can you check Stefan's large
files and see if it is there?  A brief answer is that I _think_
marchpane refers to the marzipan being made up into a specific type of
dessert, rolled out rather thinly (1"??) and laid on wafers, then
baked.  It can be covered with "icing" and decorated with a multitude
of items.  There are a few pictures of period marchpanes, specifically
in Dutch still lifes.

Alys Katharine