SC - is medieval food y

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 4 20:40:25 PDT 1998

marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu writes:

<<  I had never had meatloaf with any kind of filler (bread crumbs,
 milk soaked bread, oatmeal) until about 10 years ago.  I think the oatmeal
was
 used to stretch the meat and make it more economical  >>

The use of a filler also provides a medium for soaking up juices as the laof
is baked with the resulting product being much moister and succulent.

Ras