SC - Re: EK Crown Feast

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 5 13:18:39 PDT 1998

> Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:55:29 -0500
> From: mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com (Michael F. Gunter)
> Subject: Re: SC - Re: EK Crown Feast
>
> > Still, we managed to pull quite a few
> > rabbits out of our hats, so most everybody had a good time anyway, even
> > though the feast was, to me, the worst one I've done in 14 years. I
> > guess I'm just a bit, well, wistful over What Might Have Been.
>
> Funny, this reminds me of a certain 12th Night a couple of months ago.
> (I still get these little tics when I think about it.)
>
> > Anyway, recipes, documentation, redactions, etc. willl follow, probably
> > later today. In the mean time I'll say that it was a positive pleasure
> > working with Lor Ras, Lady Philippa Farrour, and all the other cooks who
> > came to work on this project. More on that later, too.
>
> Oh please, please do so! We want more...sir.
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar
> (Been there, done that, got the twitches.)

You know, hearing this coming from a knight who cooks has helped
crystallize my feelings a bit as to exactly what happened. I guess it's
no accident my persona is really Arthurian British, rather than
Classical Roman. This was sort of like the Battle of Camlann Plain of
feasts, or maybe Catterick Bridge. The Saxons, outnumbering us ten to
one, eventually won, but we held them off for a while, and it was
glorious while it lasted...and it does makes a smashing story ;  ) !

I must have a talk with our Provincial Bard...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com