SC - Evil Thoughts about Pennsic Potluck

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Tue May 12 06:59:43 PDT 1998

I am probably off my gourd here, but.....

Siege cooking and Pennsic: a match made in heaven?

If some one would provide a list of ingredients (and options. Tibor,
Adamantius?) and a time period, some of us could choose our cultures as we
see fit and we could then compare and contrast the finished dishes at the
pot-luck.

Alternately, it might be possible to break it down further: Bring a sweet
dish that contains almonds for a dessert, for instance. Or, bring a main
dish that has poultry in it from 1400s. Bring a period Salad. Bring a loaf
of period bread from the country/time frame of choice.

This would make the evening a learning opp as well as a chance to schmooze!
Any takers? Even on a limited basis, we could do this as an optional
activity.

Aoife