SC - advice/help: shish kebabs period?

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri May 8 13:12:41 PDT 1998

Hi listfolk!  kat here, with yet another question...

	Can anyone give an estimation of whether the concept of shish kebab is period?  (I'm not talking about California kay-bobs with cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and pineapple here.  I'm just looking for a skewer or blade with meats impaled on it and grilled thusly; and how they were seasoned.)

	Caveat:  I'm not any more a fan of reverse-documentation than the rest of you; it's that I'm between a rock and a hard place with my camping group that I'm currently cooking for.

	Rock:  Period/perioid foods ONLY will be served in our encampment at all Crown-level events.  Gave my word and I'm stickin' to it, dern it.

	Hard place:  One group member complaining about the "weird" food and wondering "why I don't ever serve something simple that everyone will like?"  	(So plain old grilled steak wasn't simple enough???)  and the dish she keeps suggesting is shish kebabs.

	Suggestions?  If the bloody things are documentable I have no problem whatever about tailoring an entire meal around them to the same country and time period.  I just need to find them...

	(I tried to add some more background info here and discovered that all I was doing was bitching; and y'all have better things to do than listen to me whine.  So, suggestions?)

	Thanks in advance, folks...

		- kat