SC - Feasting and food allergies

RMcGrath at dca.gov.au RMcGrath at dca.gov.au
Mon May 11 07:23:51 PDT 1998

Another comment from a Lochac perspective ...

I have eaten at many meals prepared by Mistress Kiriel and the
Politarchopolitan Assault Catering Corps. Some have been feasts for 80
people, some light lunches or breakfasts, others have been major
principality events, catering for hundreds.

And I have never gone home hungry from such meals, despite having a number
of food intolerances.

Mistress Kiriel and her colleagues, although very busy in the kitchen, will
always find time to tell someone which dishes contain specific problematic
ingredients.  The menu, showing which dishes are dairy free, vegetarian,
vegan, etc. is usually enough for those of us who have broad-based
intolerances, eg lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, etc.

Fact is, it's *my* food intolerance problem.  I'm the one who owns it, and
I'm the one who manages it.  I have a mouth to ask people what's in a dish,
a nose to sniff out any suspect ingredients, and I am assured that here
there will always be something at a meal that I will be able to safely eat.
 Fact is, I have a better chance of finding items which I can eat at a SCA
meal than at a restaurant.
I am so very appreciative of those who have provided such excellent cooking
in my Barony.

kind regards to all
Rakhel