SC - Seeking period recipes & sources...

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Mon May 11 06:45:10 PDT 1998

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Kallyr wrote:

> <<
>  >Lombardy Chicken
> I'm not familiar with this; what is it?
>   >>

> It's something I had at an event.  Rice layered with cheese, chicken & powder
> douce.
> I was told it's a period dish and I'm trying to track it down.

I think the dish you are talking about is Lombardy Rice.  I recently
served it at K&Q's Bardic champions.    I got the recipe from Stefan's
Floregium  (Thank you Stefan)  from a message posted by Tibor about
Mistress Johanna's recipe and redaction.  It can be found in the food
subdirectory, chicken file.

Kael