SC - rice as meat filler

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Mon May 11 07:38:44 PDT 1998

Falafel mix in lamb That almost reeks of
sacrilege.  To have falafel mix and not make falafel and hummus?  To have
lamb and not have a roastnToo strong a Jewish community and too many
friends that are sheep farmers.  I would love to hear more about this
combination.

A little confuse, but it is kinda late...
Bogdan din Brasov

Mincing meat is the best way to make a sheep that would feed 30 roasted
whole stretch to feed 75, and minced sheep meat is common to every country
that has the ovine breed[at least in one form or another, with spicing being
typical to each region] It is also a way to use up leftover roasted meats,
by cutting into fine bits and adding into other recipes. Having raised lambs
for food, If you kill one young enough for the tiny chops and dainty 4
person legs, there are a number of areas where there is meat, but it is not
really in a slab big enough to do up as a steak, so you have the option of
making julienne strips for stir fry or just lumping the whole lot together
and grinding. I have never thought of using felafel as a filler, but I have
the beans and the ground lamb in the freezer and I think I will give it a
try this week.
margali