SC - rice bread

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Mon May 11 12:44:16 PDT 1998

Don't know, havent tried it. It bakes up just like regular bread in a
standard oven, but I cook it by eye and thump test as much as the timing
they use. It has a pleasant nutty/rice sort of taste, not like wheat bread
but why I like it is that the texture is so much like regular bread- a nice
'crumb' and the ability to be cut into slices for toast and sandwiches. I
ahev tried some of the other bread substituttes and they are more like corn
meal muffins in texture and configuration that they weren't fitting the end
use. I have some very nice websites bookmarked with a number of good
recipes-
http://www.wwwebguides.com/nutrition/diets/glutenfree/food.html
http://www.javanet.com/~loehr/a/gluten.htm
http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/recipes.html

I temporarily had celiac-like symptoms last year for 8 months and I had to
be very creative. Unfortunately, i have a problem with my health, due to the
diabetes and other considerations I end up with a touchy immune system that
periodically decides to react badly to foods that I hadn't had problems with
before. Luckily, they tend to be hives and less deadly problems[and most go
away after we figure out where the endocrine system is messing up]. Another
bizzare medical problem is pregnancy-like cravings, I apparently do not
metabolize properly and get the most horrid cravings for specific foods. My
problem is the frequent one for beef-I can safely eat 4-6 oz beef without
problem, but my body will go into this incredible craving for beef to where
I would sit down and consume an entire roast[if I could eat that much iin
one sitting] but would rather not get the immediate digestive tract voiding
that is the form of my allergy.
margali
[try making the bread with rasins almonds cinnamon an egg and melted butter
added!]