SC - Allergy Discussion Conclusions to date

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at earthlink.net
Mon May 11 07:29:44 PDT 1998

<he acknowledged to having a psychosomatic allergy.>

Well, I'll step up to the plate (ahem) and admit that I do indeed have
"psychsomatic allergies". The mere stench of anise/licorice gives me a
headache. It has done that since childhood. Now, do I get a headache
because I am allergic to anise or because I dislike it so intensely that
I experience a negative reaction? It's the second, pure and simple, no
doubt about it.

Oddly, green olives (which should be banned by the Geneva Convention)
evoke no physiological reaction, although they are equally as revolting
as (ug, yuch, gak) licorice.

There you have it.

Mary Denise/Marged