SC - Garlic in British Isles

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 18 00:07:36 PDT 1998

I asked about a recipe:
>Can you send me a copy of this aquapatys?

And Elizabeth replied:

>Aquapatys.  Pill garlec and cast it in a pot with water and oile and
>see(th) it.  Do (th)erto safroun, salt, and powdour fort and dresse it
>forth hoot. [end of original; thorns replaced with (th)]

>I don't have a worked-out version; the only term I can see that needs
>explaining is powder fort, strong spice powder.

Thanks for the recipe, Elizabeth.

Powder fort is not a problem. I have several versions for this and
buy it from the Pepper’s Guild already blended. But I still have
some questions.

1) I’m not sure I'm not sure about this cooking in oil and water. Is this
just a little oil in water such as you might use for spagetti or more
like a 50/50 mixture or what? Seeth usually means just boil it, correct?

2) ...and dresse it forth hoot.  Does this just mean serve it hot? Or does
it mean more than this?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net