SC - whats an inn? was wanted: a marinade for spit roasting an autocrat

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 19:02:07 PDT 1998

> Plus, as an oft autocrate of many many events, there is NO WAY an autocrate
> has time to do the grocery shopping right before Dday. No way, no how.

Heck , the COOK hardly has time to shop, I can't imagine the autocrat taking
on that task.  If paying for the food is a problem, I'd think the cook would
at least go along to do the shopping, only using the autocrat as the means to
getting through the checkout line.  The one time I've cooked, I emptied my
checking Friday afternoon, but was able to re-deposit on Monday.  If I hadn't
been sure of that, I would have had to either take the canton exchecquer along
with me to the store, or get an advance.

Around here, lunch is sometimes sold by a neighboring group as a fund raiser,
like as not it'll be sold from a pavillion near the field. The kitchen is not
available, so typical fare is sliced meat, bread, sliced cheese, pickles,
boiled eggs. I've heard complaints about this predictable offering, which is
why I struggled to include a hot soup as well when I sold lunch. (besides, it
seemed like a good way to get started with SCA cooking.) I'd been thinking
that "inn" was just a clever way to refer to the lunch provided mid-day, but
it sounds a lot more elaborate.  Would someone tell me all about it, please?

- --
Bonne
Buckston-on-Eno, Windmaster’s Hill, Atlantia

oftraquair at hotmail.com
Karen LM    919 286-6643