SC - whats an inn? was wanted: a marinade for spit roasting an autocrat

Michael P Newton melc2newton at juno.com
Tue May 26 13:11:09 PDT 1998

On Mon, 25 May 1998 22:02:07 -0400 Bonne <oftraquair at hotmail.com> writes:

>> Plus, as an oft autocrate of many  events, there is NO WAY an
>autocrate
>> has time to do the grocery shopping right before Dday. No way, no
>how.
>
>Heck , the COOK hardly has time to shop, I can't imagine the autocrat
>taking
>on that task.  If paying for the food is a problem, I'd think the cook
>would
>at least go along to do the shopping, only using the autocrat as the
>means to
>getting through the checkout line.  The one time I've cooked, I
>emptied my
>checking Friday afternoon, but was able to re-deposit on Monday.  If I
>hadn't
>been sure of that, I would have had to either take the canton
>exchecquer along
>with me to the store, or get an advance.
>
>Around here, lunch is sometimes sold by a neighboring group as a fund
>raiser,
>like as not it'll be sold from a pavillion near the field. <snip> I'd
been
>thinking
>that "inn" was just a clever way to refer to the lunch provided
>mid-day, but
>it sounds a lot more elaborate.  Would someone tell me all about it,
>please?

>Bonne
>Buckston-on-Eno, Windmaster’s Hill, Atlantia
>
>oftraquair at hotmail.com
>Karen LM    919 286-6643
OK, (now that I've had a day to cool down) normally an inn is just lunch
around here too, however, Tamar wanted, nay, insisted that we serve all
three meals for both days since we were camping at a campfire camp out in
the middle of nowhere (although since we parked the excess at her house,
and she's not going to eat most of it being a vegetarian, she'll probably
change her story in hindsight).She was also insisting that she would be
the one to get the food as she had "contacts" and could get a lot of it
donated. (I certainly hope so, especially the beef!)So, trusting her, we
all gave her shopping lists. <sigh>

Thinking about it tho', I've got a completely different question to pose:
How do all of you deal with dry sites and recipes containing alcohol?
Beatrix
(jotting down autocrat marinades)