SC - A Good Book

Tue May 26 13:43:04 PDT 1998

There are many answers depending on what you seek.

For food history, I like Reay Tannehill's Food in History.  There is at
least one other translated from the French, but I can not remember the name
at the moment.

For a quick chronology, Trager's The Food Chronology is good, but you need
to be wary of his sources.

For a food encyclopedia, try Waverly Root's Food.

For recipes, check out Pleyn Delight, The Medieval Cookbook, or The Medieval
Kitchen (which has been recently touted on this list).

To check out some of the comments about various books point your browser to
Stefan's Florilegium at

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

and check out

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html