SC - Subing????

pndarvis at execpc.com pndarvis at execpc.com
Thu May 28 19:32:21 PDT 1998

>Loose the dead goat, and no the juniper berries are for flavor[they
help
>cover a gamy taste if the deer has one] and you got a good
recipe[though you
>might try throwing in some red currents as well as the pine nuts if you
>like]
>margali

Actually I found that if you have a bit of venison you are worried
about being gamey, we (meaning Kateryn and I) found a Middle Eastern
recipe that is completely period that uses vegetable broth that has a
strong onion base and rosemary for broiling the venison first.  You
then add the braised or broiled chunks with whole beans like large
green beans and stewed tomatos, plus some more of the broth.  we found
simmering the venison with the broth mix added better flavor because of
the meat juices being mixed in.  It got rave reviews, but since I'm the
vegetarian I only tasted the broth.

PS: Hi, I am new to the cooks list, and if Kat from Monterey CA happens
to read this, please email me right away!  I lost your address and
email! -Shari from Wis.

Elisabeth the Terrible
shari burnham

"Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,