SC - Armored Rape???

KKimes1066 at aol.com KKimes1066 at aol.com
Thu May 28 19:22:19 PDT 1998

<< 3.  I have used turnip greens (when I could get them) in some period
 recipes calling for mixed greens, but I cannot think of any recipes
 specifically calling for them.  Can anyone else?

 Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook >>

This is my current "BIG project". What you are looking for is COLEWORTS.
I have several pictures of this plant, in manuscripts and woodcuts. But, it
has
been replaced by the hybrid Brassicas we are familiar with today. As far as
my research has gone, crossing a loose leafed cabbage and mustard greens
should get me back to something very close to coleworts. This is going to take
few years, but if/when I am successful, I'll let anybody in the SCA have seeds
for free.

Just a gardening fool,
Percival