SC - Dried currents

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Sun May 3 16:22:47 PDT 1998

On Sun, 3 May 1998, david friedman wrote:
> Raisons of Corinth.
>
> According to the OED, the term was transferred to the Ribes fruits, which
> were introduced into England sometime before 1578, when they are mentioned
> by Lyte as the "Beyond sea gooseberry." They were vulgarly believed to be

This is interesting, especially when one considers that Ribes Cynosbati
(prickly gooseberry) look so much like Ribgers americana (Wild Black
Curant).  My only confusion is that R. cynosbati is native to Mi.
Hardwoods, and so I wonder if anyone has information about the european
native gooseberry????

Your servant,
Bogdan din Brasov