SC - Compost recipe-question

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 4 19:18:31 PDT 1998

robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au writes:

<< Here is a redaction of the same recipie from "The Medieval Cookbook" by
 Maggie Black, published by British Museum Press. This is a nice book which
 *does* include the original with the redaction.

Thanks for,posting the variation on the Compost recipe. Now I have two. :-)
It also never occured to me to "can" it since it keeps just fine when kept
submersed. In fact, other than convenience in serving and portability, I would
hardly think the canning process would be necessary but is is a very good
suggestion when dealing with small batches.

My question is if anyone knows what affect the extra heating time has on the
texture and taste of the final product, if any? There is considerable
differences in texture with some pickled foods. Any thoughts or comment would
be welcome. Private e-mail is exceptable if the list is not interested. Thanks

Ras