SC - Chinese Middle Ages & Ras' attitude

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 4 20:04:07 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/30/98 5:22:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
llewmike at iwaynet.net writes:

<< A true expert in this field is Baroness Gwyneth Banfiedhlir, OL.  try
 her at MizGin at infinet.com.  LLEW >>

Thank-you for this info. The question that begs asking is what is a true
expert as opposed to a regular expert? For myself I don't think that I have
any inkling as to this area of study. I do, however, have some small knowledge
as to the ending dates attributed to most historical time lines and stand by
my opinion that the Medieval culture did not end until the current century
with the rise of the Communists.That is verifiable and historical fact

My own era is considered to have ended in the 18th century. Other cultures and
times ended at other times. The SCA, Inc. ends it at an arbitrary time set at
"pre-17th century which, IMO, is a good thing although pre-16th century would
be more pleasing to me.
Anyhow, a serious study of medival culture cannot end at the SCA cut-off date
if the entire study of any medieval culture is to be pursued. I certainly did
not mean to present myself as an "expert" in this field in anyway but if you
are insinuating that my observation that Chinese cookery from pre-Communistist
Chinese is medieval is flawed then I must submit that, IMO, you are in error.
If you are saying that my knowledge of EARLY medieval Chinese cookery is
lacking then I whole-heartedly agree.

al-Sayyid Ras al-Zib, AoA, OSyc
Shire of Abhain Ciach Ghlas
Kingdom of Aethelmearc