SC - Re: Florentine (OT, but amusing)

THL Renata THLRenata at aol.com
Wed May 6 18:54:32 PDT 1998

niccollo says:

>>I thought Florentine fighting meant sword and spinach?!?!<<

Which reminded me: (please bear with me)

There is a time in the Caidan stepping down court where the Queen has thanked
and disbanded her guard.

One year the Right Noble Guild of St. Genesius (Acting & Theater Arts), whose
twice-yearly presentations to the Queen (our patroness) are awaited with dread
by said monarch and glee by the rest of the kingdom, bribed the herald to
schedule our presentation *after* the guard had been dismissed. (Usually the
guard intercepted the St. G delegation before they could acost, er, reach the
Queen.)

So there we were, no guard to interfere, and we all ran in yelling "We'll
protect you, Your Majesty!" The entire guild was heavily armed -- with
chickens. Rubber ones.

It just so happened that I had two chickens -- on in each hand. You guessed it
- -- Chicken Florentine!

The King was so enchanted by this that I ended up presenting him with the
chickens.

Renata