SC - Cooking Wine

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 8 17:17:41 PDT 1998

Isobel,

>>Also, if you are cooking for a crowd, (ie feast) if you look at the
bottles carefuly, you will find that while the smaller bottles (750 ml
or 1 litre sizes)  have corks, the same wine in a larger bottle will have
a screw cap.  Does that mean that the same wine is better in one size
bottle  than an other?<<

Liking sweet white wines, I enjoy Riunite Bianca.  OK, Ras and other
connoseurs, you can stop throwing up, now.  IMO, the wine is *not* the
same in the regular and larger bottles.  In the largest, it tastes pretty
raw.  Perhaps the wine is prepared in different places, which each have
different bottling capabilities/machines.

Not having much of a budget with which to buy/try wines, and having to be
*very* careful to drink only occasionally (old ulcer wishes to renew) I
can't very well follow Ras' good advice on how to become knowledgeable.
I'm glad to have the recommendations, like Anne-Marie's, from people who
do know.  And additional suggestions gratefully archived.

Regards,

Lady Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Orden des Linquistringes, Princess' Order of Courtesy