SC - EK Crown Recipes

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Sun May 10 20:42:34 PDT 1998

Renata wrote:
>Here in Caid there is not much interest in authentically medieval/renaissance
>food -- something that a few of us are trying to change.

Wow, that would be so strange! Many years ago we had a real mix (mostly when
we were going through the "period food is wierd and yukky" stage caused by
Fab Feasts et al and bad cooks). Now, if you go to a feast, you expect well
researched, well cooked period food. Depending on the group, there may be
some dishes which are "medievalish", but modern food would raise frowns,
giggles or even loud scorn.

In fact the last time obviously modern dishes was served at a Principality
event (about 2 years ago) everyone who went (including non-cooks) were
outraged and extremely vocal about it. Most local groups pride themselves on
their cooking and there is now some serious competition to see who can do
the best.

Actually, competition is a great way to raise the level. A formal challenge
in court is a great way to start...

Rowan

Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia