SC - Peaches in Northen Europe

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon May 11 11:59:44 PDT 1998

Brokk asked about peaches in Scandinavia or northern Europe.

C. Anne Wilson, in Food and Drink in Britain, mentions peaches being
planted in the royal gardens at Westminster in the 13th c.  It sounds from
the context as if they might have been somewhat unusual in England at that
time.  By the end of our period (actually, 1629) someone in England listed
22 varieties of peaches.  I don't have any information for Scandinavia,
though.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook