SC - Peacock

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu May 14 05:42:38 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/14/98 2:20:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au writes:

<< We were going to do the peacock cooked and put back in its skin for
 conference next easter, but people said I would die if I ate the cooked
 meat that had been inside the raw skin  >>

<sigh> The doomsdayers strike again! First, salmonella is not a natural
occuring bug in peacocks. Chickens, yes. Peacocks no. Secondly the simple act
of wrapping the cooked bird in parchement paper or , for that matter, foil
would have eliminated any imagined nasties present on the interior of the skin
fromcoming into contact with the cooked flesh. Third the skin could have been
washed inside with a bleach solution in the same way commercial chickens are
washed during their processing.

Ras