SC - period food turns people away?

Michael P Newton melc2newton at juno.com
Thu May 14 12:52:14 PDT 1998

On Tue, 5 May 1998 14:40:46 -0400 "marilyn traber"
<mtraber at email.msn.com> writes:

>As I have been saying all along, many people abhor any food not
>familiar to
>them from their mothers kitchen and will not eat it. It does not
>matter if
>it is Salamallah's mustard soup, Taillevent's mustard soup or the cold
>raspberry glop, if it ain't campbell's cream of chicken, they ain't
>eating
>it.
>
>I will still say it is better to make a person comfortable for a day
>trip by
>serving them beans and wienies, if that is what they will eat-as long
>as
>they are comfortable enough to enjoy themselves and decide to come
>back
>again. Hell, I have had house guests turn down dinner when I was
>making
>something out of the Betty Crocker cookbook because they didn't like
>the
>looks of it and ask where the nearest McDeath's was.
>

>margali

And then you have people like myself who joined the SCA because she could
finally find people like herself who enjoyed cooking and eating "weird"
food. It's hard to enjoy kidney pies if you're going to have to eat the
whole thing yourself :)
beatrix