SC - Chivalry

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sat May 16 18:56:34 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/16/98 2:41:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nativeson at mindspring.com writes:

<< but at the same time if I am notified ahead
 	of time I think, just being chivalous, that I would indeed fix/set aside
 	something for that person. >>

Each person has their own notions of chivalry, I suspect. Given the unlikely
notion that the word is appropriate when used in this context, a far better
course of action would be to provide enough variety so the person in question
has other choices. :-)

Which brings up a whole new subject, I hope. :-) Since chivalry is to be
practised in the SCA. How do cook personas best portray the code of chivalry?
What is the true definition of chivalry as opposed to all the appendages that
are hung on it? Is chivalry pertinent to to cook personas or has it becokme a
term that is so vague that it has become undefinable? How can cook personas be
examples of not only chivalry but also other qualities such as honor which are
important to the SCA?

I have my own views but would like to hear others opinions. :-)

Ras