SC - Beef redaction-An opinion

Kallyr Kallyr at aol.com
Sat May 16 20:06:12 PDT 1998

<<Chop up the brisket and add back to the water. (is there any real reason I
can't just cut up the beef before hand?)  -Beatrix>>

<< The original seething was for rybbes so I would suspect that after the
first
 seething , the meat was picked from the bones and then added back to the pot.
 The bones would add some flavor to the dish but I suspect that if you used
 boneless beef it would turn out just fine without preboiling.  - Ras >>

If you cook the meat as a whole piece, then cut up, the resulting chunks of
meat will retain more of their flavor-- rather than it going into the stew
water.  This is the reason  modern recipes for stew often instruct one to sear
the meat chunks before stewing them-- to keep in the juices.

~~Minna Gantz <KALLYR at aol.com>