SC - A Good Book

Jessica Tiffin melisant at mweb.co.za
Thu May 28 07:12:41 PDT 1998

Bear wrote:
>For food history, I like Reay Tannehill's Food in History.  There is at
>least one other translated from the French, but I can not remember the name
>at the moment.

I've always had a lot of fun with Maguelonne Toussaint-Samat's History of
Food  - is that the one you mean?  A lot of what she says refers to food
types and sources in modern France, but she gives wonderful historical
overviews and is very entertaining to read.  I also picked up a new
paperback copy at a ridiculously low price, so I'm somewhat enchanted with it.

Melisant

Mesliant de Huguenin
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Adamastor, Drachenwald
Sable, three owls, wings elevated, argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
Jessica Tiffin * melisant at mweb.co.za