SC - Subing????

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu May 28 11:44:43 PDT 1998

Sorry I don't have a venison recipe handy just yet, but two points..(excuse
the pun)

> flour (doesn't say what kind)

>From my limited experence I'd say that id you're supposed to use the flour as
thickening, you'll want to substitute fine bread crumbs.. as there are few if
any flour thickend liquids in the sources I've discovered... now if you're
flouring the meat before browning, I don't know... I'd go with an unbleached
wheat flour.

>Juniper berries (now can I sub pine nuts here)

No, juniper berries don't taste anything like pine nuts... although they'd be
good in anything IMHO... Juniper berries are used to flavor gin, which gives
you an idea of the taste addition you're looking for. As to fresh or dried...
I know you can get them dried from some herbalist and specialty kitchen
places. Personally, I'm not fond of them.. but it takes all kinds, and maybe
they complement the venison.

I'm SURE somebody has a venison recipe here... and if they don't, then after
the new computer is installed I'll post again with whatever I got.

Corwyn.