SC - Coleworts---- Caroline help!

KKimes1066 at aol.com KKimes1066 at aol.com
Thu May 28 21:40:33 PDT 1998

<< Or are you thinmking of ancestral coles? If so, they still grow
 wild along the coasts of England. >>

This is not the information I have. Sylvia Landsberg, in her book "The
Medieval Garden" states: "The lack of a suitable small headed cabbage is not
so important as the loss in England, only recently, of the colewort,
ubiquitous in medieval it's nearest relative being a non-curly kale."

I have found her cross refrences to by well above par and regard her as an
expert in this field (or garden in this case). If Ras is right then I don't
need to do this project, if he is mistaken then it's full steam ahead.

Percival