SC - Verjuice - just a couple of questions

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 18:18:40 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/2/98 2:51:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kathleen.hogan at juno.com writes:

> no one ever told me that I HAD to be nobility.

The only place in the world I can be rich is in my fantasies.  For me the SCA
is a fantasy game I play as a hobby.  I've been poor almost all of a long
life.  Sometimes grindingly poor.  Nobody told me I had to be nobility,
either.
My supposition was that no one would chose to be a peasant when they could be
nobility, and since this is fantasy, one can be a rich noble if one chooses,
so why be poor?  I know the reality of poverty too well to romanticize about
how wonderful the "simplicity" of it can be.
I guess a lot in this game depends on the angle from which you approach it.

Mordonna DuBois
Barony of Atenveldt
Kingdom of Atenveldt
(Phoenix, Arizona)