SC - cheesemaking

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Tue Nov 3 09:23:48 PST 1998

I have a couple of books on biblical cooking.

"The Good Book Cookbook - Recipies form Biblical Times" by Naomi Goodman,
Robert Marcus, and Susan Woolhandler. c.1986  Their introduction says
they took references of food from the bible, studied ancient Near Eastern
literary legacy, together with an investigation of how more recent Middle
Eastern culinary experts have prepared the smae foods our biblical
ancestors ate.  I have used it a few times, and found the recipies to be
quite good.

"Biblical Garden Cookery"  by Eileen Gaden c.1976 Christian Herald Books
She also has taken correlary writings from the times and compared them to
food lists as well as Middle Eastern Cooking.  I have used some of her
pickle recipies, which came out quite good.

	Christianna