SC - Peasants and Nobility--really OT

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Tue Nov 3 19:20:30 PST 1998

> >       Nobody's going to stop you from being an Irish peasant if
> >that's that you really want.  But please be polite in return and
> >don't correct them if they call you "my lady".

I have a really OT question.  I find that people often call me "Lady Brenna"
(not milady, but LADY).  In an effort to not "take airs,"  I gently remind them
that I'm not awarded such an honor.  What is the best way to deal with this and
not come off as snooty or offend the person?  It happens allot and I've gotten
many a dirty look when I correct people, but I know quite a few people who would
give me dirty looks if I didn't.

Brenna
(who just wants to live her dream without getting stomped on for a silly thing
like this anymore)